Tuesday 4 May 2021

Almost A Royal Flush, Almost A Royal Flush

Take a gander at the two hands below; they are both from the daily $2.20 pot limit knockout tournament on PokerStars yesterday, Bank Holiday Monday.

In the first, I would have made a royal flush; I called the initial raise but folded to a re-reraise. As soon as I saw the flop, I knew what would happen, but had I stayed in, it would have been poor value to call the turn when even if a heart that doesn’t pair the board comes, I still win only half the pot.

The second hand, from later, is almost a royal flush, but at least I got paid, although I should have bet a lot less on the river; nobody called. I cashed, taking a few bounties on the way, but should have finished a lot higher than I did.

What do you think are the chances of a repeat performance tonight?

Whatever, don’t give up the day job!

No comments:

Post a Comment