Friday 16 April 2021

How Royal Can You Get?

The two screengrabs below are from micro-stakes pot limit Omaha played this evening on PokerStars.

Where else!?

In the first, Yours Truly folds a semi-garbage hand pre-flop. And look what he misses.

The second hand is from slightly later in the same tournament, but only slightly later, note the blinds.

As far as I can remember, this is the first time I have seen two royal flushes in the same tournament, granted that the first was only a potential royal flush.

I play very little Omaha because it’s a lunatics game, Generally, hi-lo isn’t so bad as long as you keep you wits about you, and are prepared to fold top set on the flop on occasion.

How often do you flop a royal flush, even at Omaha? I kept the betting modest to ensure I got paid.

I also cashed, for what it was worth. A tiny fraction of minimum wage.

Don’t give up the day job, Al!

No comments:

Post a Comment