Sunday 26 September 2021

The Descartes’ Demon Of On-Line Poker Strikes Again

I first tackled this subject a decade ago, and have witnessed many strange things at the poker table since - including me winning on occasion! Nevertheless, what happened in the $300 Freeroll tonight was something special.

I was coasting, then a short stack went all-in and the dude in front of me called. I had pocket jacks, and followed. The all-in had jacks too, and the other guy had queens. I thought I was as good as out so shortly went all-in with suited connectors against a minimum raise. And flopped the nut straight.

Three of us in the pot, the diamond on the turn didn’t bother me particularly, but I called “deuce of clubs” all the same. And it came. I cashed, then again short stacked I was all-in with almost the same suited connectors. When the ace flopped I knew I was doomed, then the seven hit the turn, and I called “Six!”
Amazing or what? The straight saw me through to the next level. Give it a shot. Even if you are an atheist like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment