Sunday 1 November 2020

Royal Flushes, Roundabouts And Swings

I play very little poker nowadays, and always for very small stakes, usually micro-stakes. As is apparent from the top left hand corner of each, the two screengrabs below are from pot limit Omaha hi lo games. They were played October 25 and October 29 respectively.

In the first, I had a royal flush draw but folded on the flop. If the diamond had been a 9, I might have continued; had it been a 10, queen or king, I would definitely have, but I reasoned that in the unlikely event of making a royal, I would much more likely end up winning ouly half the pot. Naturally, I was disappointed, but look what happened four days later. Had I called the flop, I would have made queens full, but look at the river card and the winning hand. Dude, what a fold! I cashed in both tournaments, taking bounties on the way, and with a bit of luck I was eleventh in the latter, busted out a few minutes short of five hours. It’s always better to be paid for your entertainment rather than pay for your education.

No comments:

Post a Comment